First 2021 meeting of the new version of the EWC Club by ASTREES
02/04/2021 - 00:00
On Thursday 4 February, Elodie Batout-Badaire, Deputy Head of Group Social Relations, Patricia Nunez, Deputy Secretary of the EWC, Pascale Rauline in charge of CEECs and social dialogue and Hedi ben Sedrine, Secretary of the EWC attended the first 2021 meeting of the Club of European Works Councils organised by ASTREES.
This new version of the Club of European Works Councils (EWC Club) is a unique forum as it brings together actors of transnational social dialogue for fruitful discussions and sharing of good practices. Gathered around the virtual table were HR managers, Group Social Relations managers, secretaries or members of French-speaking European Works Councils from companies based in France or elsewhere in Europe.
On the agenda of this meeting:
- A round table of the participants for a quick self-presentation, an update on their European body and the level of social dialogue between management and European delegates.
- A legal watch on European social news.
- The return of the survey on the themes that the members of the EWC Club would like to see addressed during the year:
- Social relations: efficiency of the information-consultation procedure and deadlines, moving towards a global group committee, the possibilities of EWC access to funding...
- European social law: the basis of social rights in companies, restructuring processes and cultures, optimising the implementation of agreements, etc.
- Work organisation: disconnection rights, tomorrow's teleworking, smart working and flex work
- CSR (social and environmental responsibility): EWC prerogatives in environmental matters, psychosocial risks, professional equality and inclusion.
The participants greatly appreciated the insight into European social monitoring as well as the quality of the exchanges on the practices of the different European works councils.
Find out more about the EWC Club: http://astrees.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Astrees_Plaquette_Club-CEE_light.pdf